Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Diaries of a Girl Gone Dark and Bitter....except for yesterday

Dear Diary,
Yesterday I fell off the Bitter Train and landed right on top of the Sugar Truck.  It went something like this...
Jan 16, 2012, 10:00 a.m. Today was the first day in a two-week stint of tasting only +90% dark chocolate. I didn’t have anything in the low 90’s so I jumped right to 99% dark chocolate. I have only one word to say: YUCK.  I like eating straight cocoa beans and nibs, but something changes when it is made into a chocolate bar with no sugar.  I really hope this gets better tomorrow, and I can get used to eating chocolate with no sugar, otherwise this is going to be a long two weeks and I really will become dark and bitter by the end of the month.
If I didn't live on this damn cold Island, I might be able to get my hands on some 90% and work my way up to 99%, but I guess it is too late for that now.
Jan. 16, 2012, 2:00p.m.  All I can think about is sugar.  When will this month be over?  Oh, I may have eaten a wee bit of cake, icing and milk chocolate when I was slicing some cake today.  This would be easier if I did not own a business that is all about sweets!
Jan. 16, 2012, 3:00 p.m. Crazily searching the place for anything that resembles a sweet snack, but that is not possible. I’ve now eaten popcorn, Rice Krispies and thinking back to last week when I could eat these covered in 85% dark chocolate. I am feeling lost and just want something sweet!  I CAN NOT stop thinking about milk chocolate and After Eights just because I know that I can`t have them for two more weeks.  Is this what it feels like to be on a diet? ...wanting food that you don`t normally eat anyway?  I normally prefer dark chocolate but the prospect of more 99% dark stuff is irking me.
Jan. 16, 2012 8:30 p.m.  I was trying to curb the cravings by making an unsweetened hot chocolate, but because I have to make hot chocolate with soy and tonight I just couldn’t do it (I miss milk SO MUCH).  I gave up on thinking about it and went looking for the leftover box of After Eights.  I ate ¾ of the box!  It looked like an After Eight tornado hit this place, with wrappers fallen all over the couch and the floor.  I asked my husband to hide the rest of the box from me.  Promise to get back on the bitter train for the remaining two weeks of this silly program that I put myself on!
Jan. 17, 2012 8:00 a.m. I think I can do this for two more weeks.  I tried the Michel Cluizel Noir Infini 99% dark chocolate again today and I think I can taste the hint of cinnamon. It does not seem as bad as yesterday. 
Today I will try harder to stay away from the Sweet Truck....the ticket is already purchased for the Bitter Train after all.  If only I could ride it to a vacation in sugar....or Hawaii.  Either would be good with me right now.


Here are some previous entries of my Diaries of a Girl Gone Dark and Bitter:
Day 6 - with recipes for dark chocolate coconut truffle cake with no added sugar
Day 12 - on Day 12 I turned to Bourbon!  Well, Bourbon aroma in chocolate at least...
80% Dark Truffles Recipe from the Diaries
Chocolate Poppers and Chocolate Popcorn Recipes from the 85% dark chocolate diaries



3 comments:

  1. I was diagnosed of HUMAN PAPILLOMA VIRUS (HPV) four years ago. I was so perplexed, because i have been taking several drugs, all to no avail. One faithful morning i came across a testimony of how Mr. Isibor herbs works wonders in curing all kinds of disease so immediately i contacted him on his email address and explained my troubles and pains to him which he assured me that he will cure me, A day after i received a package and how to apply it which i followed. it was like a dream to me when I discovered that the HPV was totally gone. I'm glad to say this in public and i believe that God heals his chili den through man.

    Contact him for me For more info: WhatsApp Contact +2347083847535

    Website: https://doctorisibor3.wixsite.com/doctorisiborhome

    Email Address: doctorisibor3@gmail.com



    I'm grateful to dr Isibor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This chocolate is sure to keep you slim and cheerful all the time. I've been pampering myself with such goodies as chocolate with magic mushrooms for a long time https://www.shrooms-online.net/shop/magic-mushroom-chocolate/ . It's impossible to eat a lot of it, but it only takes a few pieces of chocolate to feel amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been suffering from Herpes for the past 3 years and 8 months, and ever since then i have been taking series of treatment but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of Robinson buckler on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him as well. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which i took according to his instructions. When i was done taking the herbal medicine i went for a medical checkup and to my greatest surprise i was cured from Herpes. My heart is so filled with joy. If you are suffering from Herpes or any other disease you can contact Robinson buckler today on this Email address:_________________________Robinson.buckler@yahoo.com……………….

    ReplyDelete