I love no-bake cheesecake. I love brownies made with no flour. And I REALLY LOVE chocolate and peanut butter together. So I put them all together to create the perfect dessert.
This no-bake chocolate and peanut butter cheesecake is made with Reese Spreads - a new spread for toast that tastes just like a Reese Peanut Butter Cup (oh yeah). It is layered on top of a baked peanut butter chocolate brownie also made with Reese spread. And the whole thing is topped with more spread, milk chocolate shavings and peanut butter cups. Let me tell you, it is heaven on a plate.
So run out and get a jar of Reese spreads, and make this cake for your next potluck or party. You won't regret it!
Here is my recipe:
Half-Baked: Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Cheesecake Recipe
Time: Lot's, but its worth it. First 1 hour, then 2 hour cooling period, then 10 minutes plus another cooling/chilling period for 2 hours.
Before you begin, preheat your oven to 350º F and line an 8" or 9" baking pan with parchment paper, then grease the paper and up the sides of the pan.
For the brownie base, you need:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup Reese Spread
1/2 tsp salt
For the no-bake cheesecake topping, you need:
1 cup whipping cream
1 250 gram package of cream cheese
1/3 cup agave or sugar
3/4 cup Reese Spreads
1. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat together the sugar, butter and 1 cup of Reese spread.
2. Add the eggs and beat until combined.
3. Mix in the salt.
4. Bake for 50 minutes in an oven preheated to 350º F.
1. Let the brownie cool fully before making the cheesecake topping. First, cool on the counter for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Beat your whipping cream with a stand mixer or hand mixer until it is thick & stiff peaks form (do not over beat - this looks slightly lumpy.
3. Pour into a bowl and put in the fridge.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat your softened cream cheese for a minute or two, while stopping to stir on occasion to incorporate fully.
5. Add the 1/3 cup of agave and beat until smooth and creamy.
6. Beat in the Reese peanut butter chocolate spread, then gently fold in the whipped cream.
Assembling the cake:
1. Run a knife around the inside of the springform pan, but leave the sides on.
2. Pour the cream cheese mixture onto the brownie base and spread to the edges.
3. Chill for at least 1 or 2 hours until set.
4. Remove from the refrigerator and run a knife around the inside of the springform pan again, then release and remove the sides.
5. Decorate the top of the cake by using the remaining Reese spread. Place some spread in a small sandwich zipper bag, seal and then warm in the microwave for 10 seconds. Cut a small hole off of one of the bottom corners of the bag and squeeze the spread through in lines or swirling motions -whatever you prefer - to decorate the top of the cake.
6. Top with cut pieces of large or mini Reese Peanut Butter Cups & peanuts or chocolate shavings (see below for a tip).
Chocolate Shavings Tip:
To get great chocolate shavings, you need to warm the chocolate a little before you grate it. First, get out a cheese grater. Unwrap a milk or dark chocolate bar, place on a paper towel and then in the microwave. Microwave for about 20 seconds or less. Then shave pieces using the grater. Press into the side of the cake or sprinkle on top.
Note: This post has been sponsored by Hershey's Canada, for which I am being compensated both monetarily and with product.