- 1 cup of hazelnut butter (you can also use peanut butter, if you like)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of organic coconut sugar (or cane sugar if preferred)
- 1/2 cup or more of chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips (for Organic and Fair Trade, try Camino's Bittersweet (71% cocoa solids) or Semi-Sweet (56%) Chocolate Chips or Cacao Barry 71.5% Organic couverture).
- 1/2 cup of mini white chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup of chopped hazelnuts (optional, and you can also use almonds or pecans, if preferred)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Line a cookie pan with parchment paper.
- Mix cookies well by hand or with an electric hand mixer until smooth.
- Toss in the chocolate and nuts and stir until evenly combined.
- Using a spoon, scoop out balls of cookie dough (about a tablespoon or more) and place on the cookie sheet, leave about 1" between cookies or more.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes on centre rack in the oven. Remove from oven when edges are starting to brown.
- Let cool and dig in! Or freeze in an airtight container and add to your holiday baking platters.