These are definitely bitter, but of course, that is what I like. But if you prefer something sweeter, feel free to use an organic semi-sweet, milk or white chocolate coating to sweeten them up. Or add some organic coconut sugar to the granola mix.
Recipe: Homemade Chocolate-Covered Granola Bars
- 1 bag of ANITA's Organic Mill Breakfast Boost - Ancient Grains with Raisins and Cranberries
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp. agave
- 2 egg whites (or whole eggs if you really want it to stick and do not worry about the yolks)
For the Coating:
- 100 grams of 70% Dark Organic Chocolate (or for something sweeter, milk or white chocolate)
- Grease a parchment paper on front and back and place inside a 9"x 13" pan.
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Press into a pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Remove, let cool one minute cut slices in the size you want (1" x 3" for granola bar strips).
Once cooled, pour melted and tempered chocolate onto the bars and spread around. For tempering instructions, click here.
As I have mentioned before, I have not been paid by any organization to write posts like this one. I really like ANITA's Organic Mill Breakfast Boost granola mix, so I wrote about it (without the knowledge of the company).