Thursday, April 4, 2013

How to be a chocoholic and lose four pounds during Easter

If you visited this page looking for a great tip on how to lose weight over a holiday weekend, like I did this Easter, unfortunately this article is not really about a diet program. It is more about a sad chocoholic who wanted to enjoy some Easter chocolate, but instead came down with the worst sore throat of her life.  Swallowing water was painful, let alone eating any chocolaty Easter treats. Feel free to look at my diet below...but I do not recommend it!

So now I am on day six of the terrible sore throat (which also moved my ears somehow) and I find myself staring longingly at the pile of Easter weekend chocolate. So this morning once my painkillers kicked in, I thought I would take a tiny piece of each item and find out what they tasted like, just to satisfy my curiosity.  So here are the chocolates that I did not eat on Easter:

Hammond's Sea Side Caramel bar is a 64 gram dark chocolate bar with a soft caramel centre and sea salt. The texture was nice, the ingredients were natural and the combination overall was tasty. The company that makes it, Hammond's Candies, comes from Denver, Colorado.  This particular bar was purchased at Chapters.

Milk Chocolate Salted Caramels by IndigoSweets (TM) was a beautiful box of milk chocolate covered caramels sprinkled with chunky sea salt.  They tasted great, and like Hammond's, the ingredients were real and natural (i.e. no artificial flavours or hydrogenated oils). This was made in the U.S. for Indigo Books & Music in Toronto (www.indigo.ca). It was also purchased at a Chapters (Indigo) store.


Kilwins New York Espresso Mix is a product that my mother brought back from Sarasota Florida for me.  With every piece containing an espresso bean, this chocolate product has a little something for every kind of chocolate lover: white, milk, dark and candy coated. One type had even been coated in all three types of chocolate.  It was a nice gift - I can't wait until I can eat something crunchy again!  https://www.kilwins.com/

The Ferrero Rocher Bunny is very cool.  I was trying to figure out how they would fit all the stuff that is in the original Ferrero Rocher chocolate into a medium-sized 'bunny', but it turned out to be a hollow bunny and the hazelnuts were chopped small and mixed into the milk chocolate shell. 
I was a little sad not to find any Nutella-like hazelnut cream and a ball of crunchy wafer in the bunny, but I think hazelnut mixed into a bunny shell is a new and interesting concept. At least it is different than most of those standard hollow bunnies on the market!

The Russell Stover Dark Chocolate Egg said "cream egg" on it but had a dark soft caramel texture inside it.  I am no longer a fan of the cream centre of most eggs, but I actually liked this.

My own birthday cake is the one I am most sad about. Since my birthday fell on Good Friday this year, and I had no real plans, I decided to make myself a large triple-dark-chocolate cheesecake with coconut sugar instead of cane sugar and 71% dark chocolate chips, and a semi-sweet ganache for a little sweetness.  Too me, it was wonderful.  I had a few bites of one piece before the sore throat came on, and besides a few other people taking the extreme dark adventure with me, the cake has been sitting there ever since.  I know it is time to throw it out, but I just cannot bare to do it.

So that's it for my Easter weekend chocolate.  Of course there are eggs filled with mini M&Ms and foil-wrapped milk chocolate eggs, but I will leave those for the kiddies. And if you really want the terrible diet that caused me to lose four pounds in four days, here it is:


The My-Throat-Hurts-Too-Much-Too-Eat Diet

Days 1 to 5: Little or no eating other than...

Breakfast: a teaspoonful of peanut butter in the mornings to get the painkillers down.  Once the painkillers kick in, a little dark roast coffee. Maybe a yogurt, maybe not.

Lunch: Some cauliflower soup (just orange cauliflower, broth, heavy cream and curry spice, boiled for 20 min. then pureed) or, Vietnamese Pho soup with only a few noodles or...any other pureed soup.

Snack for 1 day: McDonald's or DQ small ice cream cone to numb the sore throat. Works for 20 minutes then you feel worse!

Snack for another day: Handful of unsalted, roasted cashews.  They are almost as soft and easy-on-the-throast as peanut butter...almost.

Dinner: About 1 to 2 ounces of food. A two-inch piece of chicken or soft meat if the painkillers are working. Steamed vegetables.

Day 6 - A little bit of chocolate and 1 toast with PB for breakfast - yay! And no painkillers too! But anibiotics means no wine....booo.

You could probably also call this the '1000-calorie-a-day-diet' or the 'Hey! I am practically eating baby food!' diet.  Either way, it is not fun!

19 comments:

  1. Lisabeth, you don't need to through out perfectly good desserts. Just send them my way. Not that I need them, but they taste so yummy. Oh, and happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time I will! Thanks Bev!

      Delete
    2. The doctors said Herpes virus do not have medical cure because the virus is capable of hiding within the human cells, it remains protected from your immune system. Herpes isn’t a special virus – your immune system has the tools to fight it back. But because it is able to lay dormant in protected cells, your immune system is unable to remove it from your body,But with strong reactive herbal medication is capable of getting rid of the virus gradually and totally from your body without damaging any of your cells,natural herbs kills the virus totally not just reducing the out break. Get natural herbs cure Email DR. VOODOO at voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com Add Dr voodoo on whatsApp +2348140120719

      Delete
  2. Giddy Yoyo sells Wild Ecuadorian Heirloom Cacao in 454 gram (1 lb) bags, which is the largest package size that I have found in stores (at HomeSense). The flavour was mild and not too acidic. Vietnam human hair, Vietnam hair

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you truly love someone I do not see any reason why you would fallout of love with someone you love with all your heart. Even when My wife left me because she suspected I was cheating with my ex, Yet I didn't give up on her. I am so grateful because I got her back using spell casting, because I love my wife so much and can't leave without her I did everything to get her back, she refused to even talk to me until I got help by a Spell priestess. If you need your lover back please Message her via whatsapp +971558913695, sangopriestesslovesloution@gmail.com, (lovesolutionzspell.wixsite.com/spell) After few hours of spell cast my wife cancel the divorce and called me that she wants to come back to our marriage remorsefully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Crystal haynes. I am from Florida,USA. I want to thank Dr AKHIGBE for helping me to bring back my ex lover. I watched someone on YOUTUBE who testified about what he has done for her, bringing back her lost husband and helping her to win the America Lottery with his powerful spell. She gave out his email address and I contacted him instantly. He told me everything will be OKAY, and I am saying to everyone here that my heart desires is back to my life. Now we are getting married very soon. Thank you so much Dr AKHIGBE, may God continue to empower you to help people like us. You can contact him through his email address ( drakhigbespellhome7@gmail.com) you can also call OR WhatsApp him on +2349021374574. My co-worker who also watched the testimonies video was helped by Dr AKHIGBE He helped him to win the American Powerball Jackpot worth $980,000.00usd. with his powerful spell he gave him the win numbers.May God continue to empower you more and more so you will never stop helping People to be happy again. Thanks Dr AKHIGBE. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK NOW OR GET YOUR BROKEN RELATIONSHIP, MARRIAGE RESTORED.

    I’m just upset that I have been in pain and crying for so long and many times. Thank you dromokpo@gmail.com
    I wished I would have found you earlier, you would have saved me from a lot of pain for the past five years my ex lover left me for another woman in just 2 days i contacted you Dr Omokpo you brought my broken relationship back
    I spent a small fortune enough to take my dream trip to South Carolina but what’s the point in taking a dream trip without the love of my life. Dr Omokpo has given me hope and his honesty is a breath of fresh air, I feel so good and heavy happiness in my heart to get my ex lover back. Who I thought he was gone forever. We are married now as I share my testimony with you. If you have broken relationship or broken marriage or you want to get your ex lover back kindly contact: dromokpo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the best decision i ever made was contacting Dr. Ojogun to help me get my lover back, I was life filled with happiness after i contacted Dr.Ojogun because he didn't just bring my lover back to me. Dr Ojogun also made our love for each other more unique and superb. If you need to spice your relationship with more love and romance contact Dr. Ojogun Via Email drojogunspellcaster@gmail.com Or Call/WhatsApp on +2348161638124 Just go ahead to Let Dr Ojogun know about your problems and worries

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello i am out here to spread this good news to the entire world on how i got my wife back. I was going crazy when my wife left me for another man last month, But when i meet a friend that introduce me to Dr Ogaga the great messenger to the oracle that he serve, I narrated my problem to Dr Ogaga about how my wife left me. He only said to me that i have come to the right place were i will be getting my heart desire without any side effect. He told me what i need to do, After it was been done, In the next 24 hours, My wife called me on the phone and was saying sorry for living me before now. I am so happy and overwhelmed that i have to tell this to the entire world on how Dr Ogaga help me grant my heart desire. If you need any kind of help contact Dr Ogaga at the following Whats-App +2347059387282

    Whats-App +2347059387282

    ReplyDelete
  8. Words will not be enough for me to appreciate Doctor Abolo of Abolospell@gmail.com, for the successful spells he have been casting for me, I have never trust any anybody, the way I trust him. This great dr was the one that saved my marriage. If you use him, I promise you will trust him too. Any spells he cast for me are 100%. I see results the same day. He also cured me from a deadly virus (HSV), a virus I known as a medical doctor that I am, it don’t have cure, he cured a patient I introduced to him to get pregnant after 15 years of marriage. He has active herbal remedies for diseases, infection and viruses. you can get him via; Email:Abolospell@gmail.com or you may decide to send him a msg on whatsapp here +447535135409. thanks doctor you are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I simply wish to give you a huge thumbs up for your excellent info you’ve got right here on this post. I am coming back to your site for more soon Buy Netherlands/Dutch Passport ,I will also take the advantage to ask for your permission to join our TELEGRAM GROUP

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been a carpenter for the past 18 years and playing the Lottery has always been my thing and my Wife supports me but winning big funds is always an issue. My Wife is quite good at surfing the internet and she came across an AD of DR AMBER who helps people that believes in his work. My Wife & I emailed him for help to win the Lottery and guess what!!! He did a spell prayer and gave us some digits to play the Lottery. We did as he instructed and we were notified after 10 days that we'd won $245,600,000 MILLION DOLLARS from the NY LOTTERY POWERBALL that we played. We can't really explain the feeling we had when we heard the amount we WON for we were so happy. Everything seemed like a dream for some minutes till we realized that it was REALITY" LOL". Anyways, we are here to appreciate DR AMBER and also to share to you all the wonderful experiences we had with him. To get his contact info, Visit: amberlottotemple.com or E-mail: amberlottotemple@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bitcoin Trader & Expert West
    Investing Service
    𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗘𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗪𝗲𝘀𝘁
    𝗕𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗼𝗶𝗻 𝗠𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 & 𝗟𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴
    𝗘𝗮𝗿𝗻 𝗙𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗛𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗧𝗼𝗱𝗮𝘆
    𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐦
    𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝟬.𝟮𝟱𝗕𝗧𝗖 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗹𝘆
    𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬
    www.olivercoins.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is there anything too hard for Dr Amber to do? To me, there's absolutely nothing too hard for Dr Amber to do because what Dr Amber cannot do does not exist. His spells have healed the sick, solved court cases, reunited broken couples and lovers, brought good luck to those that need it E.T.C. Website-- ( amberlottotemple.com ). If I start saying all that Dr Amber can do I won't finish writing. His spells removed me from a low life of suffering to a life that I never thought I could ever live in. Now I am financially balanced with my own company. Dr Amber made me a Lottery winner of 115 Million Dollars from the Mega Million Jackpot Lottery I played with his appropriate winning digits given to me and I am very proud of what he does with his powers and I know a lot of people will need his help too. Thank you xo xo xo much Dr Amber for bringing a perfect change in my life. You can call/text +1 808-481-5132 or email: amberlottotemple@yahoo.com for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If there's anyone that i trust and believe in his spells is Dr Amber. My Heart is filled with Joy and Happiness after Dr Amber cast the Lottery Spell that made me Win ONE MILLION DOLLARS with the Numbers he provided for me. His Spell changed my life into Riches and now, I'm out of debts and living the best life that I want for myself. You Can Contact Him For Your Own Lottery Number Because This Is The Only Secret To Win The Lottery.

    Chat him up on SIGNAL via +18084815132 or call / text him too via +18084815132.
    Email: amberlottotemple@yahoo.com
    Website: amberlottotemple.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. With so much gratitude in my heart I am here to express myself on how Dr Isikolo saved my marriage from divorce. Myself and my husband were having some misunderstanding and it was tearing our marriage apart to the extent my husband was seeking a divorce. So I have no option other than to go to the internet to seek for solution to my problem. It was there I came across Dr Isikolo details and how so many people were writting good things about him and his wonderful works for them and about how he has helped a lot of people by restoring their relationship. I contacted Dr Isikolo and he told me everything I needed to do and in less than two days my husband cancelled the divorce papers. I had no choice than to comply and it was done. Now myself and my husband live together in peace and harmony all thanks to Dr Isikolo for saving my marriage from breaking up. Dr Isikolo contact information are via email: isikolosolutionhome@gmail.com or you can also text him via WhatsApp on +2348133261196.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I HAVE MY EX BACK TO ME WITH THE SOLUTION FROM DR ISIKOLO
    I came in contact with DR ISIKOLO through a testimony written about him and i have also encountered many testimonies about how he has been helping others with their life. To get back with an ex is one of the most inner most feeling many people would love to experience especially as those memories with our ex always cloud our mind when someone else does some of those things our ex used to do. I was a single parent for almost 6 years and though my ex husband was far away from my kids i still wish someday he will return back to me. This spell doctor i encountered known as DR ISIKOLO helped me with my wishes and i am happy to say that i am back with my ex husband. the result manifested 48 hours as he assured me and the love and connection we shared was restored back amazingly and it happened just as he promised. If you want to successfully get back with your ex, contact this great spell caster at his WhatsApp +2348133261196 or email: isikolosolutionhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. HOW I REUNITED WITH MY EX AFTER TWO YEARS OF SEPARATION.

    DISCLAIMER!!!
    This is my own little way of helping people who are going through what I went through.

    My story is like that of Beauty and the beast.
    I got married to my first love when I was 23 and we have a beautiful daughter together.My husband literally adore the ground I walk on and he means the world to me. We were sohappy as a unit until 3 rd September 2018, when tragedy struck and I was involved in a ghastlymotor accident which left me bed ridden and confined to a wheelchair ever since.It was as though my whole world has crumbled as I became helpless and a burden to my loved ones. My little daughter of 8years suffered the most emotionally in all of this. However, my husband was giving me all the support both physically and emotionally as I was being nursed back to health. However, as my health deteriorated with the passage of time, I noticed my husband’s attitude towards me had changed. He started keeping late nights and coming home drunk. This continued for some time and then what I feared the most happened. One faithful morning, he moved out of the house without a word. He wouldn’t return his calls or messages. Even his family members claimed not to know his where about. By this time, my kid sister had moved in with me to help with the chores and taking care of our daughter. I had countless sleepless night and would drench my pillow every night before going to bed. Then there was this Sunday evening that my kid sister invited her friend over for dinner. He met me at the lobby on my wheelchair and was very warm and chatty. It was obvious my sister had already briefed him on my situation. We ate dinner and during our conversation, he said his acquaintance had a similar situation like I did with my husband and the lady’s husband is now reunited with her and their kids after she encountered some certain man. I hesitated at first since my case was different but my sister somehow convinced me to give it a try and I obliged. We connected and I was introduced to DR MARIAN. Let me not bore you with my long sermons. To cut the long story short, the only man I ever loved, the man that walked me down the aisle is back home where he rightly belong. RIGHT BESIDE ME AND MY DAUGHTER Thank you DR MARIAN for taking your time to attend to my needs. I had already given up on online spells Because of my past experiences with scammers who claim to be what they are not, But DR MARIAN made me happy again. DR MARIAN is an expert at what he does with 30 years plus of experince and i strongly recommend him to anyone facing any matrital issues as his works are 100 percent GUARANTEED which i can continue to testify to. DONT LET THESE NUMEROUS ADS YOU SEE ONLINE OF SOMEONE TESTIFYING ABOUT A DR FOOL YOU AS THEY ARE ALL FAKE. DR MARIAN STILL REMAIN THE ONLY TRUE SPELL CASTER I KNOW AS HE HAS PROVEN TO BE LEGIT AND HELPED ME. SO BE SMART AND CONTACT HIM NOW TO GET YOUR PROBLEM SOLVED VIA:

    EMAIL: marianspells@gmail.com

    Whatsapp: +2349160402535

    ReplyDelete