Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Diaries of a Girl Gone Dark and Bitter....except for yesterday

Dear Diary,
Yesterday I fell off the Bitter Train and landed right on top of the Sugar Truck.  It went something like this...
Jan 16, 2012, 10:00 a.m. Today was the first day in a two-week stint of tasting only +90% dark chocolate. I didn’t have anything in the low 90’s so I jumped right to 99% dark chocolate. I have only one word to say: YUCK.  I like eating straight cocoa beans and nibs, but something changes when it is made into a chocolate bar with no sugar.  I really hope this gets better tomorrow, and I can get used to eating chocolate with no sugar, otherwise this is going to be a long two weeks and I really will become dark and bitter by the end of the month.
If I didn't live on this damn cold Island, I might be able to get my hands on some 90% and work my way up to 99%, but I guess it is too late for that now.
Jan. 16, 2012, 2:00p.m.  All I can think about is sugar.  When will this month be over?  Oh, I may have eaten a wee bit of cake, icing and milk chocolate when I was slicing some cake today.  This would be easier if I did not own a business that is all about sweets!
Jan. 16, 2012, 3:00 p.m. Crazily searching the place for anything that resembles a sweet snack, but that is not possible. I’ve now eaten popcorn, Rice Krispies and thinking back to last week when I could eat these covered in 85% dark chocolate. I am feeling lost and just want something sweet!  I CAN NOT stop thinking about milk chocolate and After Eights just because I know that I can`t have them for two more weeks.  Is this what it feels like to be on a diet? ...wanting food that you don`t normally eat anyway?  I normally prefer dark chocolate but the prospect of more 99% dark stuff is irking me.
Jan. 16, 2012 8:30 p.m.  I was trying to curb the cravings by making an unsweetened hot chocolate, but because I have to make hot chocolate with soy and tonight I just couldn’t do it (I miss milk SO MUCH).  I gave up on thinking about it and went looking for the leftover box of After Eights.  I ate ¾ of the box!  It looked like an After Eight tornado hit this place, with wrappers fallen all over the couch and the floor.  I asked my husband to hide the rest of the box from me.  Promise to get back on the bitter train for the remaining two weeks of this silly program that I put myself on!
Jan. 17, 2012 8:00 a.m. I think I can do this for two more weeks.  I tried the Michel Cluizel Noir Infini 99% dark chocolate again today and I think I can taste the hint of cinnamon. It does not seem as bad as yesterday. 
Today I will try harder to stay away from the Sweet Truck....the ticket is already purchased for the Bitter Train after all.  If only I could ride it to a vacation in sugar....or Hawaii.  Either would be good with me right now.


Here are some previous entries of my Diaries of a Girl Gone Dark and Bitter:
Day 6 - with recipes for dark chocolate coconut truffle cake with no added sugar
Day 12 - on Day 12 I turned to Bourbon!  Well, Bourbon aroma in chocolate at least...
80% Dark Truffles Recipe from the Diaries
Chocolate Poppers and Chocolate Popcorn Recipes from the 85% dark chocolate diaries



1 comment:

  1. New Diet Taps into Revolutionary Idea to Help Dieters Get Rid Of 15 Pounds within Only 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete